You'll surely have noticed that your favorite Mediterranean restaurant is able to whip up culinary delights in what seems like mere moments. There are so many handy tips and tricks you can learn to make delicious meals inspired by one of the greatest regions in the world for foodies and kitchen novices alike. Simply put, there's something for everyone even when you've got next to no time to spare.
The Quickest Dishes from a Mediterranean Food Menu
Every Mediterranean food menu is filled with beautiful food that's healthy as well as incredibly pleasant to eat. There's no need to sacrifice even an ounce of quality for the sake of making a quick dinner when you prepare authentic Mediterranean meals with recipes created by expert chefs.
Fig and Goat Cheese Salad
The tastiest and fastest Mediterranean meals are often salads made from fresh and easily prepared ingredients. This delicious fig and goat cheese salad couldn’t be simpler to make and serve to your loved ones. Just follow the steps below.
- Cut 4 dried figs into slices, crumble an ounce of goat cheese, and mix them together with 2 cups of mixed salad leaves.
- Stir in some olive oil, balsamic vinegar and half a teaspoon of honey to taste. Season to perfection with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
Broccoli, Chickpea and Pomegranate
Mediterranean food can be rather exotic at times. You’ll get plenty of nutrition from this colorful dish too.
- Toast half a teaspoon of ground cumin in a dry skillet over a medium heat. Mix it with a third of a cup of yogurt, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, some lemon juice, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Steam 4 cups of chopped broccoli for 5 minutes, and add a whole can of cooked, drained chickpeas and half a cup of pomegranate seeds.
- Mix everything together and add a little extra salt if you desire.
Pita bread is a classic source of essential carbohydrates in the eastern part of the Mediterranean and beyond. Add some healthy vegetables and a few spoons of hummus, and you’ve got a real treat on your hands.
- Cut a pita in half, and liberally spread hummus inside each. Add your favorite vegetables like chickpeas, shredded carrots, baby spinach leaves, sun-dried tomatoes and olives. Crumble some feta cheese inside for a tangy finishing touch.
Quick, Healthy and Easy
You can combine all the benefits of these recipes and many others when you head on over to your local Mediterranean restaurant. By choosing an excellent eatery that takes the best of this world-renowned culinary region and makes its food even more delicious than ever, you’ll have a great evening out with your friends, family or colleagues.